Since founding Paveloff Vision Center in 2001, pioneering eye surgeon Dr. Michael Paveloff has always offered his patients the most advanced technology available. That commitment continues with CustomVue, an advanced method of laser vision correction giving LASIK patients the potential to achieve vision greater than 20/20.
The CustomVue procedure uses Wavefront scanning technology to evaluate virtually every imperfection with your vision. Wavefront scanning, originally developed for use in high-powered telescopes to reduce distortions when viewing distant objects in space, provides 25 times more precision than standard measurements used for glasses or contact lenses.
We measure the visual imperfections at 200 specific points. This detailed information allows Dr. Paveloff to make a virtual “fingerprint” of your eye and customize a treatment plan specifically for you. This can result in a quality of vision better than the vision achieved with traditional glasses or contact lenses. In FDA clinical trials, 98% of patients achieved 20/20 vision or better and 70% could see 20/16 or better within 12 months following their CustomVue procedure.
“Bladeless, all-laser LASIK” is here. Dr. Michael Paveloff is one of the first and only LASIK surgeons in the Tri-Counties offering IntraLase. This state-of-the-art technology makes the LASIK procedure safer and more precise than ever before.
With IntraLase, pulses of light create a corneal flap, which is then gently lifted, allowing the next step of LASIK – reshaping the cornea – to be performed. Following the LASIK treatment, the corneal flap is securely repositioned into place. This bladeless, computer-guided technology is more accurate than most of the mechanical microkeratomes (hand-held devices with a thin metal blade) that surgeons may also use to create a corneal flap.
IntraLase has been used successfully in hundreds of thousands of LASIK procedures and we trust this advanced technology to continue to deliver exceptional results. Our commitment is to provide you with the ultimate in comfort, safety, and outstanding visual outcomes. In clinical studies;
- The vision in the IntraLase-treated eye was preferred up to 3 to 1 over the vision in the microkeratome-treated eye.
- More patients achieved 20/20 vision or better when IntraLase was used to create the corneal flap.
Because of the superior accuracy of the IntraLase laser, certain patients who were previously considered as non-candidates for LASIK are now able to have the procedure.
How IntraLase Works
Unlike the microkeratome, IntraLase technology is uniquely able to program the dimensions of your flap based on what is best for your eye. The IntraLase laser then creates your flap from below the surface of the cornea – without ever cutting it. How
- Ultra-fast pulses of light position microscopic bubbles at a precise depth determined by Dr. Paveloff
- The laser light passes harmlessly through the cornea. The laser then creates rows of these bubbles just beneath the corneal surface as it moves back and forth across the eye in a uniform plane.
- Next, the IntraLase laser stacks bubbles around your corneal diameter to create the edges of the flap. These bubbles are stacked at an angle that is determined by Dr. Paveloff and is customized to the way each individual’s eye is shaped.
- The process takes only about 30 seconds and is quiet and comfortable.
- Dr. Paveloff then gently lifts the flap to allow for the second step of the LASIK procedure. When the treatment is complete, the flap easily “locks” back into position and rapidly begins to heal.
Our objective at is to provide our patients with the highest level of care possible. As part of that goal, we offer the very latest in technology. The VISX STAR S4 IR Excimer Laser.
The VISX Star S4 IR Laser:
- Has been used to perform more laser vision correction procedures worldwide than any other excimer laser.
- Is equipped with Variable Spot Scanning (VSS), an exclusive technology that allows for a larger treatment area, thus, decreasing the risk of problems with night vision such as glare and halos.
- Has the ActiveTrak 3-D Eye-Tracker, which automatically and precisely tracks the minute movements of your eye during the LASIK procedure. You no longer have to hold your eye perfectly still and can simply relax during the laser treatment.
- Includes first FDA approved Iris Registration technology, designed to replace traditional registration methods. The fully automated Iris Registration allows the laser to precisely align your CustomVue treatment, increasing the level of safety and accuracy.
If you would like to learn more about the VISX Laser System, please visit their website at www.visx.com.